The poster abstract submission deadline is March 31, 2018. Accepted abstracts will be published on IPSA’s website as part of the congress proceedings. Submit completed forms by mail or email to info@IPSA2018.com.
Abstract submission form for IPSA 2018 is also available for download as a Word version: Abstract form.
- Encore abstracts will be accepted for review.
- Abstracts must be mailed to info@IPSA2018.com for scoring.
- Poster abstract submission deadline is March 31, 2018.
- Oral abstract submission deadline was December 31, 2017.
For Presenting Speaker
Only two abstracts will be accepted for each presenting author. Once abstracts are accepted, the presenting author must be registered to attend IPSA 2018 no later than February 15, 2018. (If further questions or clarifications are needed, email info@IPSA2018.com.)
Honoraria & Reimbursement Policy
International Pediatric Sleep Association (IPSA) does not provide honoraria to academic planners, committee members, co-chairs, or speakers. No individual involved in a CME activity may receive payments directly from a commercial interest, including honoraria, travel, out-of-pocket expenses or other payments.
Abstract Scoring Process
Abstracts are scored based on 1 (high) to 5 (low) scoring by the Program Committee. Members of the Program Committee will be assigned into review groups, of which at least 2 individuals will score each abstract. The Program Committee will review the scores and determine cutoff score of accepting abstracts for the congress.
A) Oral Presentation: The Program Committee will determine abstracts to be presented via oral presentation. Chairs of the oral presentation sessions will be selected by the Program Committee providing balance geographically and identifying key individuals to become involved in the congress.
B) Poster Presentation: Abstracts not selected for oral presentation are presented via poster. The presenting author must be registered for the congress for the poster to be accepted.
For Poster Presentation
- The poster surface area is 1 meter (100cm or 39 inches) wide horizontal by 2 meter (200cm or 78 inches) tall vertical. It is recommended that your poster size be 92cm x 120cm (36 inches wide x 48 inches tall) with final size determined by each author.
- Each poster must have a top label indicating the title of the paper, the names of the authors and their affiliations.
- The size of the characters for the title should be large enough to be viewed at a distance of 2 meters.
- Tape will be provided for you to affix your poster to the display boards.
- You may hand out information sheets to those viewing your poster.
- Charts, drawings, and illustrations may be used within the poster.
- Posters should be printed on paper or laminated paper. Do not use heavy cardboard or other heavy materials for mounting.
- “Introduction” and “Conclusion” sections are helpful. When feasible, use graphs for demonstrating qualitative relationships, tables of precise numerical values. Photographs should be printed on non-glossy matte finish paper.
- Do not mail poster presentations to the convention center.
- Do not fold your poster. Instead, transport the poster in an appropriate container.
- IPSA staff and/or volunteers will be present to assist you with locating poster boards and mounting.
For Oral Presentations
- Oral presentations should be 10 minutes to summarize the abstract, with 3 additional minutes for questions and answers (total of 13 minutes of presentation time).
- Presenters should arrive 10 minutes before the session starts to check in with session co-chairs.
- Questions about the oral abstract schedule can be directed to info@IPSA2018.com.